From World Wind Wiki
With Chat you can participate in live written conversations with other members of the community.
If you have a question and you're going to ask by chat there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Check the frequently asked questions page to see if your question is already answered.
- The chat isn't a dedicated help line. The people there aren't getting paid to answer questions, they are doing it in their spare time.
- Don't ask if you can ask a question, just ask the question. The people in chat are willing to help you, but they don't want to have to work to get the question out of you.
- Be prepared to wait a while for someone to answer your question. If nobody is involved in a conversation then they are probably not looking at the chat window. You have to allow time for someone to come back, find the answer to your question and then answer it. Less active hours of the discussion are usually about 5-11am GMT.
- The main language of this irc channel is English. Occasionally somebody may answer also a question put in other language (like German, Italian, French, etc), but it's not guaranteed.
 Web Interface
The web interface gives you access to the #worldwind IRC channel without the need for an IRC client. This is the easiest way to start chatting.
You can also also join the chat with any IRC client on irc.freenode.net in room #worldwind