From World Wind Wiki
|Somalia SWALIM Add-on|
Somalia 100k - 200k Topo
|Latest release||1.2 / April, 2007|
The Somalia add-on is a set of topographical maps covering Somalia in 100k and 200k resolution, vector data of Mogadishu streets and general data, and displays areas affected by flooding, in addition a few areas also have othophotos provided by DigitalGlobe. The data in this add-on was obtained by Madmappers from various sources, they then processed the data and in collaboration with SWALIM, FAO and FEF put it on servers for access by World Wind users and relief agencies.
The data in this add-on can also be viewed in a web browser using the MadMappers created SOMAP.
This imagery is not public domain, please see the license section for more information.
Currently included data
- Using the self installing exe -
- Double click 'WorldWind_1.4_SWALIM_Somalia_1.2.exe' and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When the installer has completed you are ready to run World Wind.
- Load World Wind, you will a new icons in the toolbar.
- Then zoom into Somalia to view the new imagery, you can also click here or click the 'Somalia-Swalim' entry in the Layer Manager.
- By default the 100k maps and QuickBird imagery are loaded, if you wish to view the 200k maps click on 'Layer Manager' located on the far left of your toolbar, the Layer Manager menu will appear, click the arrow next to 'Somalia-SWALIM', next click inside the square next to 'Somalia Topos 200k' the 200k maps should now load.
- To view metadata for the Topo layers in World Wind's internal browser, click the title in Layer Manager.
- To activate or deactivate the other layers follow a similar process.
- Clicking the SWALIM logo will open this webpage.
- Clicking the DigitalGlobe text will open the DigitalGlobe License agreement in World Wind's internal browser.
There is a bug in World Wind 1.4 where clicking an icon or layer name which opens the internal browser gives the following message box
just click 'OK' and World Wind will continue normally.
This was a debug message inadvertently left in 1.4 and does not have any adverse effects.
- Download Add-on
- World Wind Forums Thread
- Madmappers SOMAP applet
- Mogadishu Refugee Migration Add-On
- Somalia Maps and Imagery for NASA World Wind by WWW.MADMAPPERS.COM
This add-on was prepared by MadMappers.com for the SWALIM - Somalia Water and Land Information Management (http://www.faoswalim.org). SWALIM is managed by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and funded by the European Commission and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
Copyrights exist for this mapping product.
By proceeding with this installation you confirm that you have been made aware that Copyrights exist, that this mapping product is licensed for your personal use only and that you will not modify and/or redistribute it in any form to any third party.
Any kind of commercial use is strictly forbidden.
Furthermore, you declare that you have read in full the text of the following licensing agreement.
- TERMS OF LICENCING AND WARRANTY
Data accessible via this add-on was supplied by FAO SWALIM, Digital Globe and Madmappers, prepared for use in World Wind by MadMappers and is licensed under the terms and conditions listed below. Please refer in particular to the "Conditions of the Licence Agreement relating to the Quickbird Data" and "Conditions of Licence Agreement relating to data processed by MadMappers".
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE CONDITIONS OF THE LICENCE AGREEMENT AS SET OUT BELOW, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THIS ADD-ON
- Conditions of Licence Agreement relating to Quickbird data.
Quickbird imagery by Digital Globe in compliance with terms of clause 6.3 of the CIVIL ORGANIZATION END USER LICENSE (DigitalGlobe, Inc. Civil Org EULA_4861 Rev: 2.0 06/01/2004). (c) COPYRIGHT 2006 DigitalGlobe.
INDEMNITY: The Licensee agrees to indemnify the DigitalGlobe, its employees, agents and contractors in respect of all liability for loss, damage or injury, which may be suffered by any person arising from that persons use of this data.
WARRANTY: DigitalGlobe does not warrant that this data is free of errors. DigitalGlobe warrants that the grant of the licence to use this data does not infringe the Intellectual Property rights of any person.
OWNERSHIP: DigitalGlobe retains ownership of this data, whether in its original form or as modified by the Licensee, and of the Intellectual Property rights contained therein.
COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION: The Licensee shall not commercialise or redistribute this data in any form
COPYRIGHT: (C)COPYRIGHT 2006 DigitalGlobe.
DIGITALGLOBE, INC. CIVIL ORGANIZATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT DigitalGlobe, Inc. ("DigitalGlobe") grants End User a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the DigitalGlobeŽ products and authorized third party products, collectively referred to as "Product" or "Products", and a limited right to develop Derived Works as defined below. DigitalGlobe and End User may be referred to hereinafter individually as a "Party" and collectively as "Parties". All rights not expressly granted to End User are retained by DigitalGlobe. In consideration for the rights granted under this End User License Agreement ("License"), End User agrees to be bound to the terms herein and agrees that this License shall govern the rights and obligations of the Parties. In the event that this License is inconsistent with any license included with the Products in electronic form or in any "shrink-wrap" form delivered with the Products, this License shall govern.
1. AUTHORIZED END USERS. This Civil Government License applies to multiple users within multiple civil government entities at multiple locations, located within a single country, identified at the time of ordering. For the purposes of this license, the European Union is treated as a single country.
2. LICENSE ACCEPTANCE. The End User may accept and agree to the terms of this License by doing any one of the following: (a) breaking the seal on any package containing the Product; (b) accepting, in whole or in part, a quotation describing the Product by any means (including the use of End User's purchase order, whether or not that purchase order contains inconsistent terms and conditions); (c) installing or manipulating the Product on any computer hardware; (d) damaging or destroying the Product; or (e) retaining the Product for more than 15 days following receipt.
3. LICENSE GRANTED AND PERMITTED USES. By accepting the terms of this License, the End User may use the Products at its facilities within its country of residence and: i. Make an unlimited number of copies for the internal use of the End User. ii. Modify the Products or use the Products through manipulation techniques and/or the addition of other data and make copies of the resulting product for End User's internal use only ("Derived Works"). iii. Provide the Products to contractors for the development of a Derived Work for the internal use of the End User only. iv. Release hardcopy prints on a limited non-commercial basis, provided that the proper copyright is conspicuously marked. v. Publish on a non-commercial basis in research reports or similar publications with the express, written consent of DigitalGlobe, provided that the proper copyright is conspicuously marked. vi. Post Products and Derived Works to Internet web sites provided that: (a) the quality of the image data available for download is a color composite jpeg without associated geospatial information, and (b) the proper copyright is conspicuously marked. vii. Share data with multiple users engaged in a Joint Project who agree to be bound by the terms of the License ("Affiliated Entities"). "Joint Project" means cooperation between a licensed end user and any corporation or government agency located in the same country as the licensed end user. The imagery and any Derived Works produced from the imagery may be used only for the purposes of the Joint Project, and may not be retained by the Affiliated Entities after completion of the Joint Project.
4. PROHIBITED USES. End User recognizes and agrees that the Product is the property of DigitalGlobe and contains proprietary information of DigitalGlobe. End User may NOT do any of the following: i. Copy or reproduce (even if merged with other materials), create derivative works, display or disclose, other than as consistent with the Permitted Uses. ii. Sell, license, rent, sublicense, transfer, disclose, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or adapt the Products or use them in any manner not expressly authorized by this Agreement. iii. Alter or remove any copyright notice or proprietary legend contained in or on the Products. End User agrees that any embodiment of the Products permitted under this Agreement will contain the following notice: "Includes material Š [year] DigitalGlobe, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED"
5. DERIVED WORKS. Derived Works that End User or its contractors may create containing any data from the Products are subject to this license and End User acknowledges, and will cause its employees and agents to acknowledge, that DigitalGlobe and its licensors will own all rights in any copy, translation, modification, adaptation of such Derived Work.
6. LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. DigitalGlobe provides a limited warranty for 30 days that the data delivered will be of the area of interest ordered and the media used to carry the Products will be from physical or material defects. DigitalGlobe's sole liability shall be to replace the media if the media (not the data encoded thereon) is defective and the End User returns the media to DigitalGlobe within 30 days of delivery. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PRECEDING WARRANTY, THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. DIGITALGLOBE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCTS WILL MEET THE END USER'S NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS, OR THAT OPERATIONS OF THE PRODUCTS WILL BE ERROR FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. NO INFORMATION PROVIDED BY DIGITALGLOBE OR ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OR ITS RESELLERS OR DISTRIBUTORS SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY, OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND THE END USER IS NOT ENTITLED TO RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION.
7. NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL DIGITALGLOBE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM OR LOSS INCURRED BY THE END USER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER NONCOMPENSATORY DAMAGES.
8. MISCELLANEOUS. i. This license constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between DigitalGlobe and the End User relating to its subject matter. This license supersedes all prior and contemporaneous representations, correspondence, proposals or agreements relating to its subject matter, whether oral or written. This license may be modified only by a written amendment signed by both DigitalGlobe and the End User. If any provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this License Agreement shall continue to be valid and enforceable. Neither this license nor any of the rights granted by it may be assigned or transferred by the End User without the prior written consent of DigitalGlobe. This restriction on assignments or transfers shall apply to assignments or transfers by operation of law, as well as by contract, merger or consolidation. Any attempted assignment or transfer in derogation of this prohibition is void. ii. The End User shall be responsible for obtaining any and all required governmental authorizations, including but not limited to any export or import licenses, and foreign exchange permits. iii. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado.
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Civil Org EULA_4861 Rev: 2.0 06/01/2004
- Conditions of Licence Agreement relating to data processed by MadMappers.
DISCLAIMER: Data preparation for World Wind is by MadMappers. SWALIM bears no responsability for errors or inaccuracies.
OWNERSHIP & COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION: MadMappers retains ownership of the processed data and forbids its commercial exploitation. For further details contact email@example.com