Community Meeting 2007-03-14

From World Wind Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Revision as of 21:04, 8 March 2007 (edit)
Mkpl (Talk | contribs)
m
← Previous diff
Revision as of 05:16, 12 March 2007 (edit) (undo)
143.232.231.14 (Talk)
(New News)
Next diff →
Line 23: Line 23:
** Should be someone that can manage the developers and someone that would be listened to and can communicate back and forth with NASA ** Should be someone that can manage the developers and someone that would be listened to and can communicate back and forth with NASA
*** Nomination of names (or organisation? FEF) *** Nomination of names (or organisation? FEF)
-** FEF releases of World Wind - Would NASA be happy for FEF to make more frequent releases (un meatballed), and then when NASA feels ready for an official realease we will do an official build with all thier concerns met.+** FEF releases of World Wind - Would NASA be happy for FEF to make more frequent releases (un-meatballed), and then when NASA feels ready for an official realease we will do an official build with all their concerns met. (Patrick: NASA would be happy with more frequent releases of NASA World Wind on a strategically planned basis.)
-*** This may be easier if NASA makes thier own list of goals and guidelies for an official release for the OSC to aim for.+*** This may be easier if NASA makes their own list of goals and guidelines for an official release for the OSC to aim for. (Patrick: The 'list' should be prioritized by the players, just like v1.4 was. Am I missing something?)
* Plans / Goals for 1.4.0.1 and 1.4.1 * Plans / Goals for 1.4.0.1 and 1.4.1

Revision as of 05:16, 12 March 2007

Contents

Community Meeting, March 14, 2007

Meeting will be on Wednesday, 14 March 2007 at 20:30 UTC in IRC channel #worldwind-meeting


Meeting Notes

  • If you want to add something to the Agenda, edit this page. Try and make your changes at least 1 day prior to the meeting. Put your name/nickname after the agenda item, and make sure to attend the meeting.
  • If a discussion results in someone agreeing to do something, the moderator should send an IRC message starting with "TODO:" and the person's name and short description, to make searching the meeting logs easier
  • Moderator should control change of meeting topics. Use something like "OK to move on?", and if everyone has finished the discussion of the current topic, the moderator then sends a message with the next agenda topic. Moderator should force moving on to the next topic if the discussion is too long.
  • Meeting length should be targeted to 30-45 minutes.

Agenda

Old News

(For reference, here are some notes on "wants" for 1.4.1)

New News

  • Management of WW.net development
    • A project "leader" should be used to help focus development
    • Should be someone that can manage the developers and someone that would be listened to and can communicate back and forth with NASA
      • Nomination of names (or organisation? FEF)
    • FEF releases of World Wind - Would NASA be happy for FEF to make more frequent releases (un-meatballed), and then when NASA feels ready for an official realease we will do an official build with all their concerns met. (Patrick: NASA would be happy with more frequent releases of NASA World Wind on a strategically planned basis.)
      • This may be easier if NASA makes their own list of goals and guidelines for an official release for the OSC to aim for. (Patrick: The 'list' should be prioritized by the players, just like v1.4 was. Am I missing something?)
  • Plans / Goals for 1.4.0.1 and 1.4.1
    • 1.4.0.1 - Minor bug fixes
    • 1.4.1 - Larger issues that need to be worked on as listed on this page: World_Wind_1.4.1_Notes
Personal tools